Saving on the SD Card
You will not be able to continue from previous save data if you perform the following actions:
- Use your game card on a different Nintendo 3DS system
- Format your SD card data
- Insert a different SD card
- Delete extra data via System Settings
*Save data is not backed up when using the digital download version.
*Selecting Format Save Data at the Options Screen will delete your save data. Deleted save data cannot be recovered.
Please do not repeatedly turn the system's power on and off, or remove the game card or SD card while the game is saving or loading data. Corrupted or lost data may occur due to damaged components, dirt, or input errors, so please handle your device with care.
Please refrain from using devices to edit data as it may cause the game to stop working correctly, or corrupt or delete your saved data.
In the event that you edit data, you will not be able to revert your data back to its original format.
*Data can only be reused from the same Monster Hunter Generations save data. You cannot reuse character data from different saved data, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, or other past titles.
Selecting New Game allows you to create a new character.
You can also create a new character from an existing character to inherit some of that character's inventory.
Gender and Appearance
Once the game begins, you will not be able to change your gender, face, or skin color. You can change your hair style, make up, and other features at the Item Box located in your house.
Hunting Styles and Arts
Initial Touch Panel Settings
Type A: For New Hunters
Type B: For Experienced Hunters
This allows you to create an entirely new character, including the option to change your name, gender, etc., without deleting the original character.
Note: If you overwrite your old save data, that data will be lost.
- Items up to Rarity 3 will carry over.
- Items, Weapons, Armor, and Palico Equipment that are not carried over will be converted to zenny and added to your total. Some of your zenny will then carry over.
- A portion of your Wycademy Points will carry over.
- Game progress will be reset, but any Training Quests you have cleared will carry over.
- Item Pack status will carry over. You cannot reclaim Item Packs you have already claimed once before, but you can still claim Item Packs that you have downloaded and not yet claimed.
- Wycademy Points, zenny, and Item bonuses from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate cannot be received again. However, Palicoes can be received again.
- Any Custom Panels or Shoutouts will carry over.
Note: You can only reuse your Monster Hunter Generations save data. You cannot use other save data, or data from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
Downloadable Content (DLC)
*To download content, you must have set up your Nintendo 3DS system's Internet Settings. For more information, please refer to the Nintendo 3DS Operations Manual.
Go to System Settings → Nintendo 3DS Data Management → Extra Data to check if you have extra data on your SD card. Please check your copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for more information on how to create extra data.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Bonuses
Potion x 20, Mega Potion x 10
Honey x 30, Lifepowder x 10
Voucher x 10, Baby Journal x 12
Lagniapple x 10
5000 zenny, 5000 Wycademy Points
Sunsnug, Felyne, Furriend, Palico
How to Receive Bonuses
Receiving Items, Zenny, and Wycademy Points
Note: You will not be able to claim any items, zenny, or Wycademy point bonuses related to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate if you are using a character that was created from reused data.
*Screen captures and images represent a version of the game still in development.
*3D effects can only be seen on an actual Nintendo 3DS System. Screen captures on this website were taken in 2D.
*3D effects may vary between individuals.
Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo 3DS logo are trademarks of Nintendo.