For the revision of The Terms and Conditions on the Use of the ‘Resident Evil Ambassador Program’ and Handling of Personal Information
We are pleased to announce that we will be revising Section 7 of The Terms and Conditions on the Use of the ‘Resident Evil Ambassador Program’ and Handling of Personal Information, effective Monday, February 7, 2022.
This revision is due to changes in the certification system, and does not change the services currently provided.
Please see below for the full text of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Use and be aware of this revision.
Thanks again for your cooperation. We hope you continue enjoying the program.
These terms and conditions (hereinafter “Terms and Conditions”) shall become effective as a contract between each user and CAPCOM CO., LTD. (hereinafter “CAPCOM”) when the user completes the application process to participate in the ‘Resident Evil Ambassador Program (hereinafter the “Program”)’ at this webpage. The Program is intended for individuals aged 17 years or older. Individuals younger than 17 years of age will not be eligible to participate.
1. Users that have completed the registration process to join the Program shall be referred to as the “Ambassador(s).”
2. CAPCOM may decide the Program’s content and functions at its sole discretion. Any such decisions made by CAPCOM shall be posted at the webpage that is set up for the Program. In this connection, CAPCOM may make changes to the Program content without providing prior notice from time to time.
3. The Ambassadors may use the Program free of charge. The Ambassadors may also cancel their membership with the Program at any time by following the procedure designated by CAPCOM.
4. CAPCOM may temporarily suspend or discontinue its provision of the Program without providing prior notice.
6. The Program may obtain information that has been transmitted by the Ambassadors through the External Services in order to monitor and comprehend their information transmission activities using the External Services that pertain to the ‘Resident Evil’ series. Moreover, CAPCOM may disclose the obtained information on their official websites, SNS accounts, and channels for the purpose of advertising their products and services, and may share the obtained information with media outlets or other partners to be shown on their respective websites and channels.
7. The Resident Evil Ambassador Program may also obtain Ambassador’s play data stored in the “Resident Evil .net”. Notwithstanding the foregoing, however, CAPCOM shall have no obligation to store any such information.
8. If any Ambassador should lose its right to use the External Services, the linkage service between the Program and such External Services shall be no longer available to the Ambassador as a consequence.
9. While using this Program, the Ambassadors shall not be subjected to any restrictions by CAPCOM in regard to their information transmission activities. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if CAPCOM deems any Ambassador’s information transmission activity unsuitable for its role as Ambassador, CAPCOM shall be entitled to cancel this contract with the user and revoke its status as Ambassador at any time.
10．In this Program, Ambassadors may be granted points (hereinafter “Points”) in accordance to their actions. The handling of these Points shall be as set forth below, and shall additionally be detailed in the Program separately.
1) Points shall be used to determine an Ambassador’s rank. Certain privileges or rewards may be given by CAPCOM according to the rank at its sole discretion.
2) Points shall be accumulated starting on April 1 every year, and shall be valid until March 31 of the following year.
3) Points shall not be transferred to other Ambassadors, nor shall it be converted into any other points or currencies.
4) Should an Ambassador lose their Ambassador status for any reason, all Points accumulated shall automatically become invalid at the time of the loss of Ambassador status.
11. CAPCOM shall not be held responsible for any damage caused to the Ambassadors as a result of their use of this Program, unless the damage has been caused due to CAPCOM’s intentional act or gross negligence, or if such disclaimer of responsibility should be nullified under the applicable law.
12. Any personal information and other types of information pertaining to the Ambassadors that CAPCOM obtains concerning this Program (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Personal Information”) shall be handled as follows, based on the Ambassadors’ consent to these Terms and Conditions:
＜Purposes to use Personal Information＞
・To monitor and comprehend the Ambassadors’ information transmission activities concerning the‘Resident Evil’series using the External Services.
・To distribute information concerning the services provided through the Program, as well as information related to CAPCOM’s products, events, product trials, and other various promotional activities to Ambassadors.
・To properly respond to user inquiries and opinions.
・To send prizes, trial products, etc.
・To make statistical data in order to improve product and service quality in such a way that no individual users are identified.
＜Sharing Personal Information＞
・CAPCOM will share your Personal Information provided by Ambassadors through this Program with its affiliates (including businesses located outside Japan. For our affiliates, please refer here.)
・The above affiliates may make direct contact to Ambassadors by using such shared Personal Information of Ambassadors. However, the purposes to use Personal Information by these affiliates are limited to the scope provided in the “Purposes to use Personal Information”.
・For such shared use of Personal Information, CAPCOM is responsible for managing ambassadors’ Personal Information as well as making the affiliates comply with the Terms and Conditions set out herein when they handle such Personal Information.
＜Processing of Personal Information using third parties＞
・CAPCOM may use third party contractors (including without limitation Agile Media Network, Inc, a Japanese company) in order to process Personal Information.
＜Handling of Personal Information＞
・Personal Information of each Ambassador shall be stored until the time the Ambassador cancels its membership with the Program.
・In case Ambassador is residing outside Japan, its Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in Japan. In such case, the legal system of Japan pertaining to the protection of personal information may be less protective than those of the country where the Ambassador resides.
・Ambassadors are not obliged to provide their personal information. You may accept or reject such provision of Personal Information at your sole discretion. However, please understand that all or part of this Program may not be available for you due to lack of required information.
・You, Ambassador, can opt out your consent by canceling the membership with this Program. However, it will not affect the processing already done before you opt out your consent.
・By collecting and analyzing the information on activities of Ambassadors regarding "Resident Evil" series, such as number of tweets and contents of social media posts, we may decide whether to provide information on events, trials and campaigns to you. If you wish to terminate such use of your information by CAPCOM, you can do so by canceling the membership with this Program.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
14. If any legal dispute should arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, it shall be resolved through a trial, in which case, the dispute shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court or Osaka District Court for the first instance.
15. CAPCOM shall have the right to revise these Terms and Conditions in part or whole by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on this Program as well as by sending e-mails to each Ambassadors notifying such posting 14 days prior to the effective date of such revision. The revision of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be effective upon posting of revised Terms and Conditions.
16. If any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein is deemed null and void under the applicable law, only that provision shall lose its effect, and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue to remain in full force and effect.
Established on June 13, 2016
Updated on July 16, 2018
Updated on January 1, 2020
Updated on February 7, 2022