These terms of conditions for Resident Evil Portal (hereafter, “Terms and Conditions”) are set forth by Capcom Co., Ltd. (hereafter, the “Company”) about general matters regarding the use of the fan site Resident Evil Portal (hereafter, the “Services”) that is related to the Resident Evil series, which is a game title of the Company (hereafter, the “Resident Evil Series”). In case of contradiction or inconsistency between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version shall prevail. If you are a minor or a person with limited legal capacity, you must use the Services only after you have your statutory agent such as your parent or legal guardian agree to these Terms and Conditions in advance.
1. Use of Services and Limitation
- (1) You agree that these Terms and Conditions are applicable, that you are bound by these Terms and Conditions, and shall comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- (2) The Services may only be use by you and only after you agree to these Terms and Conditions and register for the use of the Services, and may not be used or shared with anyone else.
- (3) If you wish to withdraw from the Services, you may so withdraw at any time by taking the withdrawal procedures which are separately specified by the Company.
- (4) If the Company determines that your act falls under any of the matters set forth in Section 6 "Prohibited Matters", your use of the Services may be suspended either temporarily or permanently.
- (5) To use the Service, it is necessary to have an account that is used in a member registration service (hereafter, a “Service for Members”) separately designated by the Company. Please note that if a Service for Members cannot be used for any reason, you may not use the Services. The provisions of Section 8(6) of these Terms and Conditions shall apply to the failure of use of the Services under such circumstances.
2. Content of Services
- (1) The purpose of the Services is providing information related to the Resident Evil Series, facilitating interaction between users, and the like. Please check the website, to which information will be added over time, for specific information about the content of the Services.
- (3) Please note that within the Services, the status of your use of any Individual Service will be displayed in your profiles of the Services, and other users can check that usage status. Furthermore, information registered in an Individual Services might be used on this Services as well.
3. Sending online newsletters
- (1) As part of any Individual Services, the Company may send online newsletters connected to the Resident Evil Series from Company itself or a third party to users who wish to receive them.
- (2) Registration for an online newsletter is free of charge, but you shall bear connection fees and communication fees.
- (3) You can cancel registration for an online newsletter at any time by using a method separately designated by the Company.
4. Handling of Information Contributed to Services
- (1) The Company may use any information you have contributed within the Services, but only within the Services, free of charge.
- (2) The Company or any third party designated by the Company may use any information you have contributed within the Services (including your account name of the Services and of the outside service operated by a third party) for a book, official website, event and so forth. In this case, the Company shall not be responsible or liable for giving notice to you or paying any remuneration to you.
- (3) The information you have contributed which are available in the Services may be deleted from the Services, or changed, at the discretion of the Company without prior notice to you.
5. Change, Suspension and Discontinuance of Services
- The Company may change, suspend or discontinue the Services in whole or in part for whatever reason without giving prior notice.
6. Prohibited Matters
- (1) You shall not engage in any of the following acts.
- 1. an act that may infringe on or damage the copyrights or any other intellectual property, image rights, reputation, trust, privacy, or any other rights or interests under a law or ordinance or agreement of the Company or a third party;
- 2. an act of impersonating the Company or a third party or an act of intentionally disseminating false information;
- 3. an act of illegally collecting, disclosing, or providing a third party’s personal information, user information, usage history information, or the like;
- 4. an act of unauthorized access, an act of using a third party’s account, and an act of being granted access to multiple accounts, and any other similar act;
- 5. an act of using an expression that causes sexual or discriminatory discomfort or an act that breaches public order or morals:
- 6. an act that causes discomfort or a disadvantage to the Company or a third party;
- 7. an act of posting inappropriate content or content that is not connected to the Resident Evil Series;
- 8. activities for a political purpose or a similar act thereto;
- 9. activities for a religious purpose or a similar act thereto;
- 10. an act of disclosing or posting information for a commercial advertising purpose without obtaining the Company’s prior approval;
- 11. an act of falsifying registered information in the Services or an Individual Services, or an act of illegally acquiring eligibility to use such information;
- 12. an act of using a fault in the Services or an Individual Service to gain an advantage for oneself or cause a disadvantage to another person, and/or, an act of spreading such a fault;
- 13. an act of altering, analyzing, modifying, adapting, creating a derivative work of, decompiling, disassembling, or reverse-engineering transmitted data, a program, or the like provided by the Services or an Individual Service;
- 14. an act of using Services Information in the Services or an Individual Service in a trade for money or the like, without obtaining the Company’s approval in advance;
- 15. an act that violates a law or ordinance; a court’s judgment, decision, or order; or an administrative measure that is legally binding;
- 16. an act that might harm public order or good morals;
- 17. an act of providing benefits to an anti-social force or any other act involving cooperation with an anti-social force;
- 18. an act of assisting or prompting any act of the above items;
- 19. any act that the Company judges to be hindering the provision or operation of the Services;
- 21. any other act that is deemed inappropriate by the Company.
- (2) Whenever the Company determines that any information contributed to the Services by you may fall under any of the prohibited matters set forth in Section 6(1), the Company may take either or both of the following measures without giving notice or sending a demand to you.
- a. Measures to delete the information contributed to the Services and any Individual Service by you, or prevent such information from being displayed, according to the standards prescribed by the Company; and/or
- b. Measures to suspend your use of the Services and any Individual Service in whole or in part either temporarily or permanently.
- (3) You may not raise any objection to the measures taken pursuant to Section 6(2).
7. Notices and Contact with the Company
- (1) Whenever the Company determines that a notice to or contact with you is necessary, the Company shall contact you in a manner that the Company deems appropriate, such as through the e-mail address which you register upon filing an application for the use of the Services.
- (2) Whenever you contact the Company for inquiry, you shall make such inquiry using the inquiry form designated by the Company, and the Company will not respond to any inquiry made in any other means. The hours available for accepting inquiries shall be separately specified in the applicable inquiry form.
- (1) The Company does not provide any guarantee in relation to the safety, correctness, being up-to-date, usefulness, completeness, fitness for purpose of use intended by users, security, defects, errors, bugs, or any other such matters with respect to the content of the Services and Individual Service.
- (2) Except in cases of willful misconduct or negligence by the Company, the Company shall not be responsible or liable for any damages incurred by you in connection with the use of the Services or Individual Service..
- (3) If any damage incurred by you is caused by the negligence (excluding gross negligence) of the Company, the Company shall only be liable for direct and ordinary damages actually incurred by you, regardless of default, tort or any other cause of action.
- (4) If a dispute arises between you and other user or between you and a third party due to any exchange of information, sales transaction, or any other such act (including, but not limited to, using an external service or using an external Web service that links to the Services) in connection with the Services and/or Individual Service, you shall, at your expense and responsibility, resolve the dispute.
- (5) The Company does not guarantee the compatibility of the Services or any Individual Service with the network environment, software, or any other necessary devices that are incidental thereto that are used by a user when the user uses the Services or any Individual Service, and the Company bears no obligation to modify, change, or add to equipment, systems, or software managed by the Company or to change the method by which the Services is provided.
- (6) The Company will not, in response to a user’s request, restore any information related to a user that has been momentarily deleted due to the user stopping using the Services or due to any other action of you, whatever the reason.
- (7) When you have carried out an act that constitutes a prohibited act, the Company shall not be obliged to respond with respect to the reason of the Company's handling, the result of that handling, or the like, in response. Furthermore, if the Company is informed that another user has carried out an act that constitutes a prohibited act, the Company shall, at its discretion, determine the handling thereof.
- (1) The Company may amend all or part of these Terms and Conditions, as necessary.
- (2) Amendment to these Terms and Conditions shall be effective when 14 days, or the number of days separately set forth by the Company, have elapsed from the date on which (i) the amended terms were sent via e-mail to you or (ii) the amended terms were posted on the website of the Services or the Individual Service.
- (1) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and the execution, construction, performance and so forth of any contract between you and the Company under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the laws of Japan.
- (2) Any dispute arising between you and the Company in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be referred to the Tokyo District Court or the Osaka District Court of Japan for the first instance.
- (3) If any part of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is held or deemed as legally invalid, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall effectively apply to you and the Company as valid provisions.
9. Change in Terms and Conditions
10. Handling of Personal Information
11. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
Established: February 1, 2021 Updated on August 28, 2023 CAPCOM CO., LTD. 3-1-3 Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0037, Japan