Personal Information Protection Policy
We, CAPCOM Co., Ltd. （“Capcom”）, believe it is our social responsibility to appropriately execute safe management of personal information regarding our customers, suppliers, partners and others concerned that we use for professional purposes with a full recognition of the importance of such information.
In handling personal information, we observe laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information. Moreover, defining the protection of personal information as one of our most important duties, we conduct thorough in-house education and awareness-raising activities necessary to ensure correct treatment of personal information. Every one of the CAPCOM executives and employees, with a common understanding of the importance of personal information protection, commits ourselves to conduct our The Business operation in accordance with the following Personal Information Protection Policy.
1. Capcom handles personal information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information.
2. Capcom has established the personal information protection program in conformity with the Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant regulations, while striving to continuously review such program for improvement.
3. Capcom will collect personal information only through fair and legal means.
4. Capcom will clarify the purpose of use of collected personal information and handle such information strictly within the scope of the intended use.
5. Capcom devises necessary and appropriate measures for safe management of personal information we have obtained so as to prevent unauthorized access to, and loss, destruction, falsification or disclosure of, such information, and constantly try to improve such measures.
6. Capcom may entrust its The Business operations to third parties in which personal information may be handled and disclosed. In these cases, Capcom will implement appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information, including the execution of agreements.
7. Capcom will respond promptly and within a reasonably possible scope to requests from our customers for the disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of personal information obtained from them; and
8. Capcom has established the means of contact for customer complaints or inquiries regarding the handling of personal information so as to respond promptly and appropriately to such complaints or inquiries.
August 1st, 2010
Capcom Co., Ltd.
Chairman and CEO Kenzo Tsujimoto
Handling of Personal Information
We, Capcom Co., Ltd. (the Company) complies with the following rules in its endeavors to protect the personal information of customers.
1. We will use personal information, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth and email addresses received from customers, recordings of conversations, and other information about customers’ dealings with us, for the following purposes:
1. To confirm details and to deliver goods and services that are purchased or registered;
2. To provide or improve goods and services that are used by customers, or to develop new goods and services;
3. To deliver information relating to the goods and services that are provided to customers;
We may deliver information from third parties, companies and organizations that are not subsidiaries or group companies, if that information is considered to be beneficial to customers. In such cases, no personal information pertaining to any customer will be disclosed or provided to such third parties, companies or organizations without the consent of the customer.
4. To survey and analyze the use of the Capcom website
When a customer accesses the Capcom website, the Company collects access data from the customer’s computer. This data is recorded as history in the form of an access log on our web server. This information is used as a source of statistical data to make the site more user-friendly, to research and analyze the use of the site, and to determine the cause of any problem that could arise. The information is not used for any other purposes.
5. To respond to inquiries from customers and provide after-sales service for products
(telephone calls to all Capcom customer service locations may be recorded to help ensure prompt and accurate responses to inquiries)
6. If personal information is to be obtained and used for any purpose other than those specified above, we will provide notification of the purpose of use on every occasion.
The personal information we obtains from the customer may become linked to other information managed by us: for example, it may be used to confirm whether or not a user is a subscriber to our email magazine by checking against the email magazine management system controlled by us.
2. Third Party Access
With the following exceptions, we will never provide to any third party the personal information provided to us by the customer.
o When prior agreement/consent has been obtained from the customer
o When handling of personal information is contracted out to companies in collaboration or partnership with us or subcontracting company with whom we has a confidentiality agreement concerning personal information, within the scope necessary in the attainment of the purpose of use disclosed or published to the customer
o When the personal information is processed so that the individual customer cannot be identified and is turned into statistical data (e.g. breakdown by age of the number of competition entrants)
o When it is required by law
3. Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
1. When the customer wishes to have his or her own personal information disclosed, corrected, deleted, etc, the customer should complete the designated request form with the required information and enclose together in an envelope the identification documents listed below and send it by post to the Personal Information Inquiry Contact.
Application is only accepted by post. The reply will be sent in writing to the customer’s address. The request will be dealt with in as speedy a manner as is feasible.
2. The disclosure of personal information incurs a charge of 500 yen. Remittance should be made by postal order, which should be enclosed with the disclosure request form. Even if disclosure is not made, the said charge applies.
*Please obtain the postal money order from a post office. A handling charge is payable to the post office to purchase a postal money order.
Click here to print the necessary request documents.
A) The following documents are necessary in order for us to confirm the identity of the person requesting disclosure.
When the customer is requesting disclosure of his or her own information:
A photocopy of the customer’s driving license and a certified resident’s card
(As an alternative to the driving license, a photocopy can be submitted of the following: health insurance card, pension book or passport.)
B) When another person representing the customer is requesting the information:
A photocopy of the customer’s and the representative’s driving license and their resident’s cards, a letter of attorney
(As an alternative to the driving license, a photocopy can be submitted of the following: health insurance card, pension book or passport. When the representative is a legal attorney, only his or her professional registration number is required as his or her identification.)
4. Personal Information Belonging to Minors
The Company will effect the same protection provided for personal information belonging to adults as to customers who are legal minors.
However, we request that personal information belonging to a customer who is under 16 years of age should be provided only with the consent of his or her guardian.
Handling of Personal Information on the Website
For the convenience of users’ viewing, some pages may use “Cookies.” A “Cookie” is a technology whereby the web server sends data to the user’s browser to check certain information so that the customer does not have to input the same information each time or so that the display of more effective web content can be made. Cookies are not methods of obtaining personal information. Therefore, they will not invade the users’ privacy or have any adverse impact on the equipment being used.
By using the browser settings, the user has the option of cancelling acceptance of Cookies. Even if you choose this option, there will be no problem with viewing the Capcom website.
On the Capcom website, the pages that handle customer personal information use a device called SSL which encrypts data in their transfer. This ensures that the customer’s important personal information does not get stolen or tampered with.
Furthermore, to prevent unauthorized access to our server, a firewall system is in use.
User Access Log
Information such as “when and from where a certain user accessed the Capcom website” is logged on our web server. The data thus accumulated are used as statistical data for research and analyses of site use and will not be used for any other purpose.
ID and Password Security
We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized use of the ID or password registered by the customer. The customer should take due and full care of his or her own ID and password security. If the customer’s personal information is falsified, information belonging to another party is registered, or some other improper use is made, we reserves the right to discontinue the use of the ID and password concerned.
Personal Information Protection on Other Sites
We cannot be held responsible for protecting the customer’s personal information, etc. on other websites linked to the Capcom web pages.
Application of Local Legislation
The Capcom website can be accessed from other countries of the world where different laws apply. However, with respect to the Company website content, Japanese law will apply.